I completed my second to last semester today. It was a tough one I will admit; there was one class in particular that was very stressful. I am happy to be done for the semester and to have the summer ahead of me. Question is, when will we have summer weather? Wisconsin has been rainy/cloudy and 40-45 degrees for the past few weeks.
While it would be easy enough to waste summer away being lazy, I do have a number of tasks I would like to accomplish this summer. Here are two lists- a “fun list” and a “practical list.”
1. Read any fiction novel by Haruki Murakami that I can get my hands on
2. Create a summer reading list and follow through with it
3. Learn how to use some kind of music mixer program to seamlessly blend one song into the next for a dance playlist
4. Go salsa dancing in the Twin Cities this summer
5. Celebrate Homecoming and spend time with my brother, who is visiting at the end of July
1. Work as much as I possibly can (at Barnes & Noble, and doing online writing consultations for my on-campus job)
a. Squirrel away money to pay my student debt
b. Start setting up a budget and figuring out how much to pay towards loans each month after graduation
2. Apply for the Peace Corps and similar programs
3. Put serious research and thought into what I will do after graduating this December
4. Find a month-to-month rental for the fall – this will need to be done ASAP
5. If my boyfriend goes to grad school right away: learn how to make a long-distance relationship work
What are your plans for the summer?